No type of company is immune to cyber-attacks. As long as there is sensitive information available, and the possibility of some kind of financial gain, hackers are more than willing to prey on any industry and any sized-business.
As reported in the media, more and more hospitals are finding themselves at the receiving end of a cyber-attack. Ransomware, in particular, has the ability to shut down entire systems and limit access until the amount demanded is paid up. IT companies in Orlando can help healthcare facilities both prevent and also recover from cyber attacks.
HOW DO CYBER ATTACKS HAPPEN?
The motivation for a cyber-attack is usually to make money off of data or a ransom amount and possibly just to cause disarray. There are different channels that hackers can use to access a company’s information. With different social engineering tactics, they can request business information in a seemingly convincing manner. Malware, as an email attachment, which if opened, can easily affect the computer and the entire network even across different locations.
Cyber-attacks are costly to the company and can negatively impact the patients, whose medical records are exposed. To plug all the possible areas that can lead to a cyber-attack, healthcare facilities must prioritize their cybersecurity. IT companies in Orlando can assist in this process and also help facilities maintain regulatory compliance.
WHAT CAN COMPANIES DO TO PROTECT THEIR DATA AND NETWORKS?
It takes a multi-faceted approach to maintain data security and prevent attacks. Two of the most effective measures that can be implemented include the following:
- Disaster recovery planning and effective data backup management – The ransomware attacks on hospitals have shown just how important and potentially life-saving having a secure backup can be. Having access to a backup in the event of a business data can allow operations to continue. Data backups must be conducted regularly to one or more secure locations.
- ·End-user training – It takes one imprudent click from an employee with access to the network to allow a cyber-attack. Educating all employees of cybersecurity can reduce this enormous risk factor.
Other measures that must be used include patch management, strong firewalls, email monitoring software, and other great tools and software programs.
FINDING IT COMPANIES IN ORLANDO
If you are looking to increase your business cybersecurity, you need to work with IT companies in Orlando that understand the threats facing you. At ION247, we have successfully provided managed IT and cybersecurity services to companies in healthcare, retail, education, and many other industries. Contact us now for more information.
- disaster recovery,
- disaster recovery plan,
- IT companies in Birmingham,
- IT companies Orlando,
- IT support Orlando,
- managed IT services Birmingham,
- managed IT services Orlando,
- ransomware prevention